Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 12 (Are You a Favorite Tool in His Workshop of Salvation?)

Well family and friends, I can't believe that a year has already passed since I e-mailed you! ;) Hopefully all of you are doing well, have set your New Year Resolutions and haven't already given up on them on day four! 

Monday

We had District meeting. On the way there, the song "Boys will be Boys" from "Three Men and a Baby" was playing on the bus radio! Of all the songs to hear in Mexico!? I took it as a tender mercy that the Lord wanted me to remember how much He loves me and is looking out for me! That song holds so many memories for me from watching this movie with my sisters! Good times! I love them so much! They are my best friends in the whole wide world!

Tuesday

Well, today, to say the least, my companion and I had a heart to heart melt down. We talked about what we need to do to change and be better to have more success in our area. It was good for us, but involved a lot of crying. People don't realize this, but every day here is like the Hobbit movie "Battle of the Five Kingdoms!" We are fighting with Satan, our investigators, the ward, the weather conditions, and the biggest fight is probably with OURSELVES. Every day I have this internal battle to get out of bed and go to work and to remember I really can do this. People might think I am crazy for how much I talk to myself ;). But it really is slowly getting better every day. I wouldn´t say it is easier; it is just that I am becoming accustomed to the work. We also saw a miracle today! An investigator we thought we had lost (Cristal) has had a total change of heart and is now listening and preparing for baptism! So excited for her! She has a baptismal date set for the 23rd of January! Another miracle-we had been looking for this reference in Bosque Real, but had been unable to find her home. Then, while walking in the street, this member stopped us and introduced us to the very person we were looking for! It was so cool and amazing! She is actually less active so now we have the opportunity to help reactivate her.

P. S. This day I ate these stuffed peppers. Oh my goodness they were to die for! So good. We are making them when we get home. Oh and I have carried on our family tradition of eating cake for breakfast. ;) 

Wednesday

Today was so interesting. It seemed like we walked around most of the day because we couldn't find anyone home. I thought that we would have 0 lessons and such for our daily numbers. However, when we counted our numbers, we were actually just as successful as the other days, if not more successful! It just goes to show that when you are truly trying, the Lord knows and makes up for the rest!

Thursday

New Years Eve! Well we went to the house of the Maldonados and the first thing I see when I walk in is this dead animal that we are going to eat staring at me! Turns out it was a goat. They cooked the goat and then ate LITERALLY EVERYTHING! I tried some intestine, heart, and liver. The Elders on the other hand ate the intestines, heart, liver, kidneys, tail, brain, eyes, tongue! Everything! I am not going to lie.......I was a bit grossed out. Not a huge fan. I liked that stuff better when I didn't see the poor face staring at me pleading with me to save it! We also had an epic game of UNO and finished the night with some sparkling cider!

Friday

New Years! Well it rained all day but we still had our Actividad Deportiva. So much fun! Then in the evening we went out to visit people.

Saturday

So it rained non-stop all day Friday and today as well. This is a place that does not usually get rain. Therefore they do not have drains and gutters like the US. So needless to say the streets disappeared and literally became lakes and rivers! They have giant speed bumps here and we had to use them as bridges to cross the roads! It was insane! I needed a row boat or something! I honestly never thought I would have to use my coat and gloves here. I was wrong. I am freezing especially at night. I am a missionary Popsicle.

P.S. Apparently this rain is not normal here. So you know my gift of getting everyone else wet except for me on water rides, well, still got it. ;) Everyone was getting wet but me. 

Sunday

We had an amazing lesson tonight! We were teaching this elderly couple for the first time and they were so receptive to everything. We invited them to be baptized and they accepted! Hopefully they will be baptized the 6th of February! This couple has great faith. I hope they get baptized!

Good news, I am going to stay here for another transfer which is awesome! I want to see these people baptized!

I live in Vista Hermosa #166, Hacienda Refugio, Gomez Palacio. My house is yellow and looks like a castle! There is even a bridge at the entrance of Hacienda Refugio. 

Lately I have been feeling like Alma when he taught the poor outside of the synagogues. These people are just as poor. However it is interesting how many of them don´t want to change their lives because it takes too much effort and they are afraid they will be "confused". Sometimes it is even harder to teach them because they don´t have the same education we do. We have to explain things in the most simple ways possible. So, I have been thinking a lot about my own heart and whether it is open and receptive. Are we open and receptive to what people are trying to teach us? To the people trying to help us? To the whisperings of the Holy Ghost? To the advice of others? To the commandments of God? Our hearts need to be open if we want to change. They need to be open and willing to be molded by the Lord. I try everyday to hand my life over to the Lord so that He can mold and change me into what He needs me to be. We need to be instruments in the hands of the Lord. But first, we need to be made into something that he can actually use to bless the lives of others. We first need to BECOME that instrument and then we can be used for amazing things and to perform miracles in the lives of others! Brothers, Sisters, Families, Friends! Turn to the Lord. Ask him to guide you and mold you so that you may be a beloved instrument (tool) in His workshop of salvation. I want to be his favorite hammer, wrench, pliers, etc. I don't want to be the tool He casts aside because it was not fulfilling its purpose in the great construction of eternal happiness!  Remember to become these tools requires action. Ask and act! 

Love you all!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Lutze

P.S. I am starting to master my Jedi Skills! I already look like a Jedi in my jacket with my umbrella light saber! I am a sight to behold! I'm going to take on the world or I guess this small part of Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment