Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Feliz Cumpleanos RACHAEL!!!!

Dear Rachael,

I hope you have an incredible birthday!  Just know it’s wet, rainy, and cold here so enjoy the tropical weather there on your special day. We love you and we’re so proud of your decision to serve a mission even though it means some sacrifices on everyone’s part. Let us know if you got the delicious….  Ok, I don’t want to ruin the surprise if you get this letter first.

Love, Mom

HAPPY FREAKIN’ BIRTHDAY!!  I love you so so so so so much! I hope your birthday is spectacular! You deserve the best birthday every because you are the best sister in the whole entire universe! You are an amazing example and you are the reason I keep going in life…because I want to grow up to be just as strong ( physically  and spiritually) as you and I want to be a virtuous and courageous woman like you! I know you have been struggling a little because your friends haven’t emailed you as much as you would like, but I will always be here for you if you ever need to talk or if you need anything! Just a few days ago I was asked who my true best friend was and I said my big sister. I hope you know that I will always be your true best friend no matter what. Friends come and go, and I know it is hard to not feel support from them right now, but I know what it’s like to have a hard time with friends, and I am here to listen, comfort, and uplift you whenever you need! I hope you know how much I love you and think about you! Not a day goes by I don’t think about you! I know you are doing amazing things! I love you! Stay strong and go serve!

Love, Hannah

Oh my freakin gosh!! I can’t believe you are 20!! I miss you soooooooooo much. Happy birthday!!  I hope you have a magnificent time! I hope you know we are thinking about you all day every day. I don’t know who I am going to be for Halloween but I do know that I won’t be thinking of the candy. (It will be you!!!!)

Love, Jakob

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! YOU SMELL LIKE THE ARMPITS AND WET SHOES OF GRU!! I think that’s how the song goes, but I’m not really sure… Of course, I can’t smell you because you’re in another country, but that’s just a minor technicality. ;) Whoa, that’s a demented winkey face. Anywho, I can’t believe you’re already twenty! 2 decades old! At least you’re not 2 centuries old like Fred. Well, I hope you have a fantastic birthday in Mexico! You can have a really, really late quincinera. ;) I love you ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and more!  Hey! It turned into a real smiley face! That’s so cool! Miss ya already!

Love, your crazy, random, totes adorbs, sister,

Natalie 

Dear Rachael,

I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You’re the scum between my toes! Love, Dad.
Oh, Rachael, Oh Rachael. How you make me feel so old. I’ve enjoyed your emails. What an amazing spiritual adventure you are on. I feel like Mosiah sending his kids to preach to the Lamanites. Ok, so you are not a son…and there is just one of you…and the Mexicans are not our enemies…and you have CCM training. But other than that, exactly the same. What a great way to celebrate your birthday, in the CCM. I am very proud of you. I think it’s harder on us than it is for you. It may not seem like it now, but your time will go by so quickly. I wish I could send you a “sing-o-gram” with my special rendition of happy birthday. It’s sung in falsetto in a minor key with the words translated into Wookie. Not sure the words happy or birthday are in the lyrics, but you can really feel the message of the song. It sounds like you have an amazing district. You need to find friends/roommates like that in college.  So is Hermana Knudsen going to the same mission as you? That would be awesome. You will have struggles with some of your companions in the field, so it’s good you started off with such a great companera. Well, love you mucho. Have a great b-day! Enjoy your time now.

Love always,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment