Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 1

Dear Rachael,

Can you believe one week has already come and gone? So tell us more... How's your new companion-Sister Knudsen? Where's she from? Did you meet Bishop Call's parents yet? I believe they are in the MTC Presidency. How's the food? Your teachers? How many missionaries are there? Will you be able to attend the temple while you are there? Did you read what we wrote to you in your book?

Life here is the usual busy. We, of course, were all a little sad after your departure so we went to JCWs that night and had ice cream sundaes in your honor. :)  I worked in the yard over Fall Break. We did not end up in Goblin Valley. :( The Millers came over last night and watched a couple of movies with the kids. Dad and I went to see "The Martian." It was good and funnier than expected. Hannah's team lost in the quarter finals to Weber. There were a few tears from the Seniors because they are done but for the most part they all seemed ok with it. Natalie will start organ lessons this week with Sister Sudweeks and I'm checking into guitar lessons for her. Jakob won his game as you know on Tuesday. They play again this Tuesday at 5:00. If they win they will play in the championship right after. He also has a campout this weekend. He's excited to finish his shotgun merit badge. 

Like I said in my previous e-mail. You will feel homesick but it will come and go and eventually you will be trying to get time to slow down because you have so much to do before it's time to return. Yes, Satan is working hard on you because he knows the great effect you will have on the people of Torreon. Jason Nebekker spoke today and you can tell he was a great missionary. He loves the people of Japan and misses them. I wanted to share with you what stood out to me in church today. Once again I was reminded of what a great missionary Paul was in the New Testament. I remember loving these scriptures on my mission. So, take time to study Paul's missionary journeys. He was bold and truly a representative of Christ. Our RS lesson was # 38 on Feeding My Sheep. I liked this part "We must manifest the same love to others that the Good Shepherd has for all of us. Each soul is precious to Him." I know that as you truly look at your companions, ward members, and those you teach in this way, they will feel your love, and want to make the necessary changes in their lives to be like their Savior Jesus Christ. Remember, people remember most how you make them feel not necessarily what you do and say.

I'm glad you've found a safe haven or harbor in the CCM. We love you and pray for you constantly! Thank you for your beautiful example to our siblings.

Love,

Mom

P.S. Cute Jakob sent you an e-mail on the day you left but he didn't realize he had to send it to a different e-mail address. :( What a sweet brother you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment