Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 28

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Espero que todo esta bien alli en Mexico! We are doing well. Life, of course, is never dull! I picked up Hannah's prom dress Friday and it now looks like she will be going with one of Yosh's friends and Yosh will go with Delaney Dahl instead of the stag group of 16. Natalie is always busy reading, playing the guitar or piano and with friends. She was at Aubrey's house last night. I'm so glad she has good friends. Jakob went on a camp out Friday night and they came home early. They were in the Sand Dunes and there were really high winds! He's been busy with soccer and school. He's now working on his Eagle. I can't believe he's progressed so quickly in one year. He's not even 13 yet. I think by the end of the summer he should have most of his Merit Badges and be working on his Eagle Project.

Stephanie has been in town picking up Marissa and dropping off Kyle. In the end Kyle didn't stay. He needs help! Please pray for him every day! He seems very depressed and anxious. I hope they can get him on some medications! Marissa has her surgery on May 13th so pray for her as well and for Stephanie that she has the strength to get through all of this! I think I might try to go out in June if I can work my schedule out! We'll see. 

Dad and I went out on a date last night! AMAZING! We saw the movie, "The Finest Hours" which was fantastic and then went to Texas Roadhouse and Chilis. After a few rolls and they kept telling us they were out of everything we ordered we left and went to Chilis. Dad's chicken was dry there but they made it right by bringing out new and then gave us a free dessert. Now that's service.

it's been raining off and on here so I've been out in the yard in little bits of time to get spring clean up done, fix sprinklers, etc.

I bore my testimony last Sunday on the Sabbath day. I received many compliments which is funny because I didn't think I had spoken very well. It just goes to show that the spirit is the conveyor of our words to the hearts of those that are listening. I've been rereading the Conference talks and was inspired this morning by a couple of them. I love President Eyring's talk "Where Two or Three are Gathered." I know you know this from being on your mission. It is so true that He is in our midst when two or three of us our gathered. That's why you have companions. He quoted other scriptures that I love... D&C 88:62-63 seek, ask, and knock.These are all actions on our part. He went on to talk about the Parable of the Sower and the word being the seed and the ground is the condition of our hearts. I know you see this with those you come in  contact with on the mission. It is the condition of their hearts that allows the gospel to penetrate their souls.President Eyring testified, "If you listen with the Spirit, you will find your heart softened, your faith strengthened, and your capacity to love the Lord increased." I love how he concludes, "True testimony will be given to the speakers. Their words may be few, but they will be carried into the heart of the humble listener who has come to the conference hungry for the good word of God... The promise that the Lord will give us words in the very moment applies especially to testimony." I was just thinking about the member you were with one day and how she later commented that she didn't know where the words came from... The Lord blesses us with those words as we move forward in faith and share our testimony.

I love you Hermana Lutze! I'm so grateful for your service. Even though it's hard it is definitely worth it!

Love,

Mom

P. S. Melissa Wilkinson just finished her mission in Japan and Jaden Howell received his call to Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment