Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 40 (Am I a Consecrated Missionary?)

Dear family and friends,

"Woooooooo I'm half way theeeeere, Woooooooooooo-ooooooooooohhhh, livin' on a prayer. Take my hand and we'll make it I swear. Woooooo-oooooooh Livin' on a prayer!"

I hope you all recognize this song and if not go and search for it because it's fabulous. I chose this as my theme song today because guess what!!!..........I'm half way done!!! I can't even believe it! I feel like it was just yesterday that I got off the plane and I was with my Entrenadora Hna. Rubina!! It is so crazy how fast the time goes by!! It is flying by!! And I'm not ready to go home yet! I still have so much to do in Mexico! I feel like I need to stay for 14 years like the sons of Mosiah!

Monday: Normal P-day. We shopped, we cleaned, we ate. We went to Reunion de Distrito.

Tuesday: Today we found some amazing people with a lot of potential to be baptized!! We found a woman who has been attending church in another ward with her husband for some time now. Also found a man and his wife who just had a baby who have a lot of potential. Then later in the day we went to visit one of our contacts Diana. She is a joven and accepted a baptismal date!! She has so much potential! Hope we can work hard with these people!!

Wednesday: Normal day. Y quien sabe que realmente paso ese dia.:)

Thursday: Still working hard with Hermano Jorge and he is progressing so well! He hasn't smoked for 6 days now!! Woo hoo!! We also had a Noche de Hogar with the Family Flores (miembros). It was fun to play Uno with them. Uno is a lot funnier when you play it in Spanish ;).  This day it rained the most beautiful rain!! It was sunny and raining and there was a giant rainbow!!

Friday: We had a surprise capacitacion de Zona. But it was another great capacitacion!! Very inspired!! It was definitely for me!! We talked about having buen animo or un atitud positiva en toda las cosas and how we have to change our character not our behavior. It was so good! After the conference I went with Hna Garcia to her area in intercambios. We had some good times! At one point it started pouring just as we entered in a house to teach. Then, once we left, the rain just disappeared. I was so happy to be dry until a rude car drove by and intentionally drove through a giant puddle to splash me!!! Oh I was so wet after that! ya.....karma I guess ;) (dear family and cousins, you now have your revenge for when we went to Universal and you went on the water ride about 8 times trying to get me wet ;) )

Saturday: We had Entrevistas con Presidente! These are always the best! You get to hang out with all your missionary friends and have an amazing spiritual experience with Presidente. It's a good day. :) Today we also found out that one of the people that accompanies us in our visits has decided to serve a mission! So excited for her!!

Sunday: Normal Sunday. However we did make a pact with the Elderes. We promised to give them our YSA Men and they planned to give us their YSA Women. We gave them 3 and they gave us 2. It was a pretty good deal ;) It is sometimes really hard to work with members here so sometimes we steal them from other wards ;)

Monday: Hna Montoya left for Gomez Palacios );. It is sad. Se fue mi bebe. I will be receiving a new companion, Hna Reyes (from my generation).

Something that I learned and loved this week is found in the talk "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" or "Llegar a Ser Un Misionero Consagrado" by Tad R. Callister. It talks in there about a young rebellious elder who meets with his mission president and that is when he learns that his mission president doesn't want him to change his behavior. He wants him to change his Naturaleza (character). This really blew my mind and made me really think. I realized in this moment that we are not here to just obey the rules and be good little missionaries or obey the commandments and be good little children. We are her to actually change who we are. We are here to have a change of heart a change of being. If we can't live and love the rules here we can't go to the Celestial Kingdom and live with our Heavenly Father. We actually have to change our character so it is in harmony with the laws of God and the Celestial Kingdom. It isn't enough to just say that we obey. They have to be part of us.We can't just change the behavior. We have to change the character and be more like Christ every day. I came to realize just how important it is to change our character and develop Christ-like attributes in our lives. It is going to take some shaping and molding and it will probably be painful and frustrating and uncomfortable. But my mom once told me that if we want to be in the Celestial Kingdom, we have to be prepared to make changes. We have to be prepared because right now WE ARE NOT PERFECT. However, WE CAN BECOME PERFECT. And we can only become perfect if we change ourselves, change who we really are and become what God wants us to be. We have to be willing to be shaped and molded into something Celestial. Something worthy to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father.

Well, I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!

Love,

Hermana Lutze :)

No comments:

Post a Comment