Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week 41

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Hola!!! Another week of pure craziness... 

Hannah's in crazy work mode right now until August 1st when she quits at MKB. We've found her a few more things for her apartment and she got together with Sharee to make some plans.  She also spent time with her old soccer team and most are attending BYU so they are already planning an intramural team. :) 

Natalie went to girls' camp and loved it as much as she loves church activities. She was set apart as the Mia Maid class president last Sunday. Ruth has been in town and so they've spent a lot of time together. She went with her to see the Mormon Tabernacle Pioneer Day Concert on Friday. 

Jakob is busy with lots and lots of soccer. He's starting to get in better shape. He went to the temple all by himself on Friday. I dropped him off and he called me when he was done. I was so proud of him. I hope to have him and Natalie go once a week during the school year. 

I, of course, worked this week. We went up as a Presidency to Girls' Camp and visited with the leaders and the girls. Dad and I attended the temple on Thursday. I worked in the yard most of Saturday. Dad painted the family room yesterday. The room looks so much better! Stephanie came in town last night and is staying through next Saturday. We'll go up later in the week to spend time with her and the two youngest kids. The older kids are at home working. Brent Amy and kids will be out next Monday! Like I said a crazy busy summer. School starts two weeks after the Weights leave!!!!

I've planned a little trip with Papa to the Grand Canyon in September and Dad and I are meeting up with Brent and Amy in Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival in October. Although we're not seeing any Shakespeare plays?!  We got the last available seats together for one of the shows. :)

I've been thinking about your last e-mail and the need to change, to become and I was reading in Alma 34:34-35 "...that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world" meaning we must have a a spirit that has been changed in this life through our faith, patience, and diligence (Alma 32:41) with ourselves and others... Ultimately this is what it means to endure to the end... we must make sure our spirit is where it needs to be by the time we die. We are chosen meaning we obtain eternal life because of our faith (1 Nephi 1:20) "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." Why faith? It is the first principle of the gospel and the power by which everything is done. If you haven't read Joseph Smith's Lectures on Faith, I highly recommend it.

I love you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment