Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Week 43

Querida Hermana Lutze,

I hope all is going well in Mexico! Summer is quickly slipping away. The kids go back to school in two weeks! Yikes! I have a lot to do in 2 weeks. We've played hard all summer. Jakob is ready but I still need to buy clothes for Natalie and Hannah. There are fees to pay, back to school nights and scheduling issues to resolve. :) 

Brent and Amy were in town this week so the kids played all week. Monday was Space Camp with pizza afterwards, Tuesday was Thanksgiving Point (2 Tuesday) Our family and the Miller boys saw Star Trek that night. Definitely on the movie list for you to watch when you get home. We paid 5 dollars to see it in DBox. :) Wednesday was the temple and Seven Peaks. I took Jakob and Natalie up Thursday evening. We went bowling on Friday after Natalie dislocated her knee again. :( We also got milkshakes at the Train. Saturday we did a little hiking and a picnic in the canyon. It's finally starting to cool down here. 

I've signed up for education week. We'll see how much I get to attend. There's so much I want to learn. 

Thought for the week... I've been reading a book entitled "Sacramental Reflections" that I love. It was written by Truman G. Madsen. He talks about how little we know from the Bible of what happened on the night the Savior introduced the sacrament to his apostles. However we know through the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine Covenants more specifics. I love this quote by B. H. Roberts about the sacramental prayers "This is the only church in all the world that has a god-given prayer of consecration on the emblems of Christ's body and blood. It came from Jesus Christ, the highest spiritual authority. The Lord has spoken and the matter is ended." We also know through modern scripture that He knelt when the prayer was said that night. It's so amazing to me what we know but we don't realize we know it because of the restoration of the gospel. It's hard for us to separate our knowledge.

I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement for each of us. I love you and pray for you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment