Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Week 45

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Espero que todo anda bien en Mexico? Gracias por tus cuentas de fe y animo. We're doing well. I spent all week at Education Week and experienced many mind blowing moments. Attending classes about Isaiah, symbols of the gospel, teaching... I come away realizing how much I don't know and that I still have to learn. What an incredible week of spiritual highs. It's all true! Elder Holland spoke at the devotional about the importance of religion in the world. We need to people to have religion even if it's not our religion because it is through religion that we are a moral people. We are seeing the world decline morally because they no longer have any religion in their lives. He was excellent as usual. I hope to type up my notes this year. I saw Rose Thursday afternoon. She's apparently been trying to send you a package and it keeps coming back to her. She's experiencing some of my same frustrations. She said to tell you Hello and that she loves you.

Hannah moved into her dorm room at Heritage Halls last night. The house is feeling more empty all the time. She's in a great location better than Marissa. She has quick access to her bike and a straight shot to work. She is on the first floor right next to the exit door out of the building to where it's most convenient to pick her up. :) We moved her in and helped her unpack and were done in about 2 hours. I think she will enjoy the two roommates I've met so far... Megan and Sharee. She's nervous but I know she'll do well.

Natalie is getting closer to finishing her personal progress. She' s 70% completed. She has 10 experiences left and 3 projects. Two of the three projects she's very close to completing. She starts at Skyridge tomorrow. The first day of school EVER at Skyridge!

Jakob enjoyed his first day of 7th grade on Friday. They are doing the "houses" out of Harry Potter but not using those names. I cannot remember the name of his house but the house theme is all about confidence. I'm excited to see this new idea in action. 

Ty Porter spoke today in church. I was in tears. The humility in his message and seeing how much he's changed was amazing!!! He said something which I learned on my mission but I liked the way that he said it. Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles. I truly saw this in action as we chose to be exactly obedient to the mission rules we saw miracles. I enjoyed what you wrote last week on sacrifice and trusting completely in the Lord.

I love you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment