Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week 78

Querida Hermana Lutze,

I know you're working hard to the end and you are blessing lives because of it. This past week was Spring break for the kids. Natalie enjoyed her time reading and visiting with friends. She also took the ACT on Saturday for the first time. Jakob spent the week with Christopher here at our house while the Russells were in St. George. They had a great time together-cooking, doing jobs, playing video games, watching movies, and swimming. Hannah and I went to her neuropsych appointment and learned where we need to go from here for help. We have a plan! I also spent a lot of time with her and Natalie shopping... getting ready for our cruise! Dad and I went on a date Friday night to see a play at the Off Broadway Theater. We saw Cutie and the Beast. It was really funny! We went to dinner afterwards! I've also spent a ton of time in the yard this week and have at least two more days out there before spring clean up is complete. It snowed a couple of inches last night!!! Wild Utah spring weather is here! The Russells are coming over today to help celebrate Dad's 53rd birthday! 

I've been thinking about ancestors this week especially on Dad's side and felt impressed that I should pray to find them. So yesterday I was with Natalie at DI and Manuela, a lady that works there, mouthed to me 'cute hair' and waved me over. We discussed hair for awhile and as she spoke I could tell she was from another country. I guessed Germany and was right. I then told her Dad's family is from Prussia (Poland). She then told me to pray to find his ancestors! (It was surreal to meet a German woman and have her tell me to pray to find Dad's ancestors on the same day I'd been thinking that very thing.) She said when they've accepted the gospel they will find you to have their ordinances done. At the end of our conversation she asked if I needed a hug. She stood and gave me the best hug. I LOVE how the gospel makes us immediate sisters! Now there is someone that is leading out in Christ-like love!

I love you! Make the most of your last days in the mission!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment