Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week 79

Querida Hermana Lutze,

I can't believe I'm writing my very last letter to you!!! Nor that I'm saying that we will see you Thursday. Honestly, it feels like we were just at the airport dropping you off!!! This past week was full of work at work and at home. I'm still trying to recover the yard from the winter-cleaning up leaves, trimming plants and bushes. Papa and I went to hear Dad sing with the Millennial Choir on Friday. They were incredible. I have to say I felt the Spirit stronger listening to them than I do with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. My favorite songs were "How Great Thou Art", "Be Still My Soul", "Come, Come Ye Saints", and "Love at Home." I love music. There's such a powerful spirit of testimony through song. I hope you can involve yourself in some way with music when you return home! Hannah is finishing up this semester and we meet with the Accessibility office on Wednesday to see what help we can get her next fall. Natalie participated in her guitar concert on Friday. I'm sure it was great. Unfortunately I was up at Dad's concert and didn't get to hear them. She's quite good on the piano and the guitar. Jakob's busy  playing soccer and some reffing of soccer. We enjoyed coloring Easter eggs yesterday and Easter egg hunts. We even had one for the adults this year. It was really fun! Natalie, Amanda, and Michelle hid the eggs for us! I was released today from my calling. We will see what my future holds. I was sustained just before you left and released just before you returned home. :) I'm really sad. I loved this calling! Thursday we will pick you up and go out to dinner and you will be released by President Christofferson that evening at 7:00. 

My last spiritual thought to you surrounds the concept of enduring well! In the words of Paul in 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." I know you can say all of that about your mission. Congratulations for returning with honor! It's an incredible feeling to know that you served with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength. There are such great promises for enduring patiently with faith to the end. A review of the scriptures in relation to the word 'endure' is instructive...We are promised eternal life, we will be saved, crowned with glory, receive glorious revelations, inherit the kingdom of God, and will in nowise be cast out. I love James 5:11, "Behold, we count them happy which endure." I know I felt that way as I returned home after serving an honorable mission.

I love you! We'll see you Thursday!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment