Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week 77

Querida Hermana Lutze,

So little time and so much to do!!!! I'm sure you're feeling that way right now. There wasn't enough time in the day for me at the end of my mission. I hope this finds you well! Life here is the usual crazy. I've been working hard in the yard and on  the itinerary for our trip in June. We really enjoyed General Conference this weekend. Marissa and Hannah came over Saturday morning and watched with us. We did Pizzart for lunch. Pretty cool pizza art! Dad's always so creative! Kylie, Hannah's roommate came over between sessions and Mandy, Hannah's other roommate, came over after the 2nd session. They all helped in the yard for a little bit and then I took them all out for dinner at Zupa's while Dad and Jakob attended the Priesthood session. Sunday we still had Mandy and Kylie with us. Amanda left to attend the afternoon session with her parents at Temple Square and then brought them by on their way home to meet us. It was fun to meet her family. They ended up having dinner with us-an extra five people and we still had lots of leftovers. It felt a little like feeding the 5000 with leftovers!!!! 

We had a great Presidency meeting on Wednesday. It's really fun to realize after the fact that you've been receiving personal revelation during the week. I had been really impressed with two scriptures that unknowingly went perfectly with a scripture that I'd sent to Lorrie a month or so ago. We are meeting with the RS presidents shortly and talking to them about teaching. Lorrie had already planned on using Mosiah 23:18-nourish pertaining to righteousness. The two additional scriptures I found were Helaman 11:23 - true points of doctrine due to personal revelation and Helaman 13:29-will ye suffer yourselves to be led by foolish and blind guides? It's our choice-do we listen to the prophet and apostles and receive true doctrine because they receive revelation or do we choose to follow foolish and blind guides-whatever or whomever those are... In addition two portions of Handbook 2 were given to me through the Spirit - 9.1.2 in which we are told as RS leaders to look after the spiritual welfare and salvation of all the female members of the Church and in 3.2.1 we learn that when we are converted and growing spiritually we then help others become converted and grow spiritually. As leaders we must prepare spiritually in order to receive the revelation we need in our callings. I'm so grateful for this personal revelation that I was given! 

General Conference was so uplifting! We'll see you in a couple of weeks! I can't believe I'm saying that!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment