Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 6 (Adios CCM y Hola Torreon)

Hi Mom, family, and the rest of the world,

So I did not even go to bed Sunday night and arrived at the reception area by 2 am. We boarded the bus at 2:30 and headed for the airport. We got our tickets (which took forever) and then walked to our terminal. We waited less than 40 minutes, boarded the plane, and flew away. I slept most of the way on the plane. I did wake up just before we landed. It was so weird to see Torreon for the first time! It is much drier than Utah! There are lots of cool mountains but literally NOTHING grows on them. I don't know how people even live here? We found our suitcases and drove to the mission office. That is where I am right now. So we will see how this goes. I found out that my first area will be Gomez Palacio and my first companion will be Hermana Rubina. I will email you later once more has actually occurred.

Love you all! I heard you got my special surprise on Sunday!

Love, 

Hermana Lutze

P. S. I already miss my district from the CCM.


Well, I have officially left the bubble of the CCM! It is weird. I don't know how to interact with the wild animals anymore! ;) Now my P-days will be on Monday like normal people. We had an AWESOME fiesta on Saturday night and a great goodbye on Sunday night. Of course lots of crying was involved. And then I left my district for the great unknown. I have met my new companion, Hermana Rubina and I have been to my new house which is actually kind of cool. I will take pictures and email them to you next week. 

I can already tell that I am going to have to rely on the Lord much more if I am going to make it. On Sunday we talked about how when we humble ourselves we are not weak but strong. We are turning our lives over to God and letting him do His will in our lives! It is extremely hard, but great power can come from it. I am going to have to work on that. I'm going to need it here.

I'm glad you all got my notes and gifts and that they surprised you! Hopefully that tides you over until Christmas! I love you all so much! I wish I could hug you!

Love,

Hermana Lutze


District 6 C


We're on our way!


Our Zone Elders!


Sister Call with the Lutzes in Lehi

No comments:

Post a Comment