Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 17

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Espero que todo anda bien en Mexico!? Con su companera neuva? De donde es? Cuanto tiempo tiene ella en la mision? Estamos bien aqui.

I enjoyed my birthday this week by finishing a book that I was reading and cleaning the office downstairs. That project actually took a couple of days... Wow! We've accumulated lots of stuff in the 12 years that we've lived in this house. Dad and I celebrated my birthday on Friday. We went to Thanksgiving Point and each created an item out of glass-mine was a dish and dad's was a flower. We then ate at a new restaurant on Main Street Lehi-East Moon. The food was delicious-sushi, orange chicken, crab rangoon... We'll have to take Brent and Amy there the next time they come up this way. We then went to see the movie "Creed." I've been busy with Stake Relief Society - meeting with sisters, Presidency meeting, and preparing my lesson for the February 27th Women's conference. Hannah has been working when she's not at school, Natalie is busy with school, guitar and piano, while Jakob stays busy with Scouts, basketball and soccer. He was just a little cold on their overnight campout in AF canyon on Friday night. He was glad he listened to me and took thermals. He told me they saved him. :) Monica sent me the money for your chemistry book. It sounds like you guys have been e-mailing a little. She said you sounded good and was not surprised. Your package that I tried to send you is sitting on the kitchen table. I talked to Ty Porter's mom and she said she's used USPS so I'll try to send this to you via them and see if you get it. I have sent something to you via the company I used for the MTC. Hopefully you will get it before Valentine's Day! We love you and are so grateful for your faithful service.

I've been thinking a great deal about our Sabbath Day worship and I wonder if we realize the sacredness of the Sacrament. I wonder if we realize what an incredible gift the sacrament is to each of us. It is the only ordinance in the church that is never done by proxy and is done on a weekly basis. It is so important. It is the opportunity we have each week to be "rebaptized" in a sense, to wipe the slate clean, and start over again. Are we overcome with gratitude each week for this gift that we receive on a regular basis from our Savior? I know if your investigators and/or new members truly understood the significance of this ordinance they would regularly attend their Sunday meetings... 

Alma 27:4- "...they were treated as though they were angels sent from God to save them from everlasting destruction..." I know that like Ammon and his brethren you will be thought of in this way by those you bring to the gospel. I received birthday wishes from Carolina-the one I was supposed to find on my mission and my one companion from Argentina and out of all the messages I received via various ways this week these are two of the ones that mean the very most to me.

I love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment