Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 19

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Que tal? Como anda todo en la mision? Esperemos que todo esta bien! How's Durango? You're new area? Your new branch or ward? Your new companion? Did Elder Oaks come this week? Did you get your package? Yes, I'm peppering you with questions! :) 

Life here is flying by... We went to Papa's last Sunday for Valentine's Day. We didn't want him to be alone. I'm not sure he actually remembered that it was Valentine's Day. Marissa went with us. We had lasagna and cheesecake for dinner. Monday we all stayed home and I worked on taxes all day. That was fun! Not! Tuesday we had our Stake Relief Society presidency meeting. We've had lots of meetings lately getting ready for our Stake Women's Conference this coming Saturday. Please pray hard for us this week that we will have the Spirit with us and it will convey what they need to hear. We are fasting today that more sisters will come. We always get about 10% of the sisters to the meeting. Dad and I attended our ward temple night on Wednesday. I love being there with people I know. I enjoyed book club on Thursday night even though I hadn't read the book. It was nice to get together and visit. We watched Jakob's basketball team on Friday while Hannah went out with Josh and all of his friends to the Lehi-AF basketball game. Yeah, she was the only girl with a bunch of guys! Natalie (under duress) went to the Freeman's cabin with the Young Women. She's having a hard time in Young Womens. There's a click that includes Erica Schoebinger and Brooke Howell... there's probably more girls in it and of course Natalie is not part of it. Natalie will be sustained today as the 1st counselor in the Mia Maids. :) She's taking Brooke's place. I don't know if that's because of the click or because of some not so great stuff that Brooke posted on FB or Instagram. Hannah's been working a ton lately between work and school. She has some great news to share with you. :) Dad continues to work on the fabric for Grandma's quilts. We're also working on the entertainment center for up here. We took the other one downstairs. (I can't remember if we told you that.) We went to Red Lobster last tonight. It was delicious. The very best was the Crispy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. They were better than PF Changs! I just found out this week that I have to go to California in March for work. I'm so sad! I don't like sunshine and warmth! 

So I've been reading in Alma 33 and 34 this week when Alma and Amulek are teaching the poor of the Zoramites that were kicked out of their synagogues. They are mainly focused on prayer and reminding them that they can pray at any time to their Heavenly Father and He will hear them. What an incredible gift! We can speak to our Heavenly Father always! A few verses that stand out to me:

33:11 "... I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son." I'm so grateful for the Atonement of our Savior on our behalf.
33:20 Alma is reminding them about the Israelites during Moses' time "... now the reason they would not look is because they did not believe that it would heal them." Do we sometimes not use the Atonement because of the easiness of the way? because our hearts are hard? The more I read the more I realize how important desire and the condition of our hearts are in accepting the Atonement and allowing it to make changes in each of our lives.
33:23 "..your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son." This is why the Lord said my yoke is easy and my burden is light... As we gain a testimony of the Savior and His Atonement on our behalf this truly does happen... Life is still hard but we have greater hope and peace through Jesus Christ. This is the joy of His Son.

I've also been pondering the concepts of pouring out and full.

34:26 "...pour out your souls..."
34:27 "...let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you."
34:38 "...live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."
34:39 "...watchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing."
34:41 "But that ye have patience , and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions."

Have a great week! We love you and are praying for your success!

Love,

Mom

I've attached my talk/lesson for this coming Saturday if you have time to read it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment