Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 35


Hola Hermana Lutze,

Como estas? Esperemos que todo esta bien alli!

It was another busy week. Jakob and Natalie left on Monday for NYLT at Timberline (Leadership training for Scouts) and EFY. They both learned a lot and had a great time. I know more about Jakob's week than Natalie's. Imagine that?! Hannah worked all week, spent some time with friends, and went to see a movie with me-"Me Before You" It was good and heart wrenching at the same time. You gotta love chick flicks. Dad and I went to the Hale Theater on Tuesday to see "Big River" - theater version of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer. It was good especially when they opened up the stage and it was completely full of water underneath. Wow! Amazing! I helped Hannah register for BYU that night. We stayed up until 1 am. She got all but one class that she wanted. Dad and I attended the temple on Thursday and participated in sealings. I love spending time in the Celestial room. We also met with Jakob's new soccer team this week. I do really like the coach. I sure hope he can help improve Jakob's game. We picked Jakob up from Scout camp yesterday and visited with Anita at her home. It was fun to see her yard and her house. :) Dad helped diagnosis a faucet issue while we were there. Leave it to dad to find something to fix. I'm just glad he was able to help her because her husband was out of town. I taught Relief Society today. It went well and it was fun to see the sisters of the 48th ward. I miss them. 

I wanted to share with you something today that not many know about yet because it wasn't officially announced. Sister Burton and her presidency recently changed the wording of the purpose of the RS. Sister Edgington from the RS board came last Sunday and related this to Sister Crandall and the 48th Ward RS presidency. It use to read, "Relief Society prepares women for the blessings of eternal life by helping them increase their faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and help those in need. IT NOW reads, "Relief Society helps prepare women for the blessings of eternal life as they increase faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, strengthen families and homes through ordinances and covenants, and work in unity to help those in need." I love the increased focus and specificity in the revised purpose. Increase faith in what... Jesus Christ and His Atonement, strengthen families how...through ordinances and covenants, and help those in need how... in unity!!!! 

I love you! Women of righteousness are needed more than ever! I can't remember if I shared this quote with you but I love it so much I'm sharing it again!

Elder Kim B. Clark emphasized in the October 2015 General Conference, “Whatever level of spirituality or faith or obedience we now have, it will not be sufficient for the work that lies ahead. We need greater spiritual light and power. We need eyes to see more clearly the Savior working in our lives and ears to hear His voice more deeply in our hearts….If we will look to Christ and open our eyes and our ears, the Holy Ghost will bless us to see the Lord Jesus Christ working in our lives, strengthening our faith in Him with assurance and evidence.” (“Eyes to See and Ears to Hear”, Elder Kim B. Clark, GC October 2015)

Love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment