Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 36 (Do You Obey Out of Fear or Love?)

Dear family and friends,

This week was slow and fast at the same time? I'm not even sure how that is possible. But hey, on the mission, anything is possible ;)

My week:

Monday: I officially became a mother! Woohoo!.......Wait, I don't know how to be a mother? I have no experience with this kind of thing! Let's just say that my Heavenly Father loves me so much that He decided I was too comfortable, and gave me a new adventure in the mission :). Hermana Montoya is my Bebe and she has about a month and a half in the mission. I will be finishing another 8 weeks of training with her. I sure hope that I can figure out this whole parenting thing;) I am still in Durango but in a different area-Barrio Estacion. On another note,  today we had a Samuel the Lamanite experience! A bunch of kids were throwing rocks at us and none of them hit us nor came close to us. So we either have the Spirit or those kids really need to work on their aim. I think I'll go with the Spirit.

Tuesday: Well, this ENTIRE area is hills. We are literally neighbors with the mine and everywhere we go it is a hill. I'm going to get a lot of exercise in this new area (Estacion). However, it was a Great Day as usual! Today I met Ruben (the recent convert of about 2 weeks) and he is an amazing convert!! He really wants to be a disciple of Christ, obey EVERYTHING and help with EVERYTHING! We need more members with that kind of attitude!

Wednesday: We were looking through the Area Book and we found recent converts that no one is visiting. One that we found and went to visit was Adilenne. When we arrived we had a great lesson with her Grandma about repentance and the Atonement. She has really strayed from the path and knows it wasn't coincidence that we came to visit their family. Hopefully we can help them reactivate. :)

Jueves: Conferencia con Presidente Ramos! Those are always the best capacitaciones! We talked about Desire, Intencion, y Accion. All three are important, but one without the other is incomplete. We first need a desire to act, then have the intention that we are going to do it and then we have to actually act. We face this problem every day in the mission. There are many people who have good intentions but NEVER ACT! It can be frustrating at times, but hopefully we can get better at helping them actually act in their lives.  The rest of the day was great. We found lots of new investigators. 

Friday: I ate Tomalitos (baby tamales) and they were fabulous! I will have to try and make them when I come home! You can make yummy salads :)

Saturday: Another great day! We found a young man named Antonio. He has suffered  from many addictions and the Christian church has changed his life. Now we just hope to help him find the fullness of the Gospel! He is very spiritual so I have a lot of hope for him!

Sunday: We passed to pick up our investigators and they didn't come to church with us. It was sad and it broke my baby's heart. I had to help cheer her up and explain that it isn't her or her efforts. The people just have their agency. However at 12 two of our investigators showed up! This family Flores is so great! They have so much potential! They have had family problems, but the gospel has helped strengthen their family, and they have seen the blessings!! I hope we can help them be baptized!!

This week I have learned this area is really for me. My companion and Hno. Ruben taught me a lot about obeying with exactitud. I obey the commandments more easily because I know the consequences, and I know why God has placed them. But sometimes when I have rules to follow, like the commandments, and I don't really have a good reason, it is hard for me to follow them with exactitud. My natural woman enters in and says "No, why do you need to do that? It doesn't change anything?" There are a lot of rules in the mission and in life that at times we don't understand or have a reason why. However, I am learning every day to obey with more exactitud and obey not out of fear of a consequence or for a reward. I am learning to obey more for the love of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Like it says in the scriptures, "sì me amais, guardais mis mandamientos," if you love me, keep my commandments. Hna. Montoya (has a year and a half as member) and Hno. Ruben (2 weeks in the church) and they have really taught me how to obey for love-to obey because I want to be better, to obey because I want to make my Heavenly Father proud and I want to return to Him with the least amount of spots or stains. To be as pure as possible! I really admire these two people so much and I hope I can develop the attribute of true obedience and have this desire to really change, to really be the best I can be because it is only through our obedience that we receive blessings. It is only through our obedience that we can truly become like our Heavenly Father because our Father's kingdom is built on laws, justice and obedience. If we can't obey here how can we expect to be accepted into His kingdom? We need to obey with exactness.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Lutze

No comments:

Post a Comment