Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week 36

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Como fue tu semana primera como Mami? Tell us about your new companion and your new area. 

Life here is the usual crazy. I went to a patriotic Relief Society activity on Tuesday. Joyce Jacobsen came over to me to talk about her husband's condition. It sounded like appendicitis. I was right. He had an appy the next day. He just had open heart surgery a few weeks ago and now this second surgery. Brother Goul passed away and his funeral was this week. I remember him as such a sweet man and always interested in the person he was talking to. MayRene told me some beautiful stories about them when I went to the viewing Friday night. I worked Wednesday out on the unit. I was charging. We admitted 5 and transferred 3 with two more admits slated to come at the end of the shift. I was exhausted by the end of the day. They were sick admits too. Sometimes it's a matter of tucking them in the bed but these patients weren't like that. Thursday night Dad and I went to La Jolla Groves as part of a "Thank You" dinner for the i-Centra implementation. Nice evening! We ate dinner over at the Russells on Friday and visited with Papa Fred and Mama Carol for a little while before they were off to California again. They left Saturday morning. Yesterday we met Brent and Amy at Seven Peaks. Everyone had a great time. We then took them to Zootopia. Very cute movie. You'll have to see that one when you get home. That evening the adults went out for Sushi while the kids ate pizza. I'm exhausted just telling you about my week. ;) I spent a lot of time at work and in the yard this week as well. I filled two trash cans with cuttings from the yard. Dad and I will be in California this coming weekend for Karen's wedding. 

I've started reading at the beginning of the Book of Mormon again and was rereading the testimony of the three and eight witnesses. The Spirit bore testimony to me again that what they said was true. Not one of them every denied their testimony of the Book of Mormon even though some of them later had issues with the church itself. It's all true! Brent and Amy shared with us some of their Trek experience. They were picked to reenact the Jens and Elsie Nielson handcart pull. They had a similar experience to Tasha and Rob. I'll never forget the pounding of your feet as you ran down the hill to help Tasha. May we always RUN to the rescue of others!

Love you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment