Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 65

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Espero que todo anda bien alli en la mision! Vida aqui esta loco como siempre! We enjoyed a nice weekend up at Papa's with the Weights. We came home fairly early Monday. I had lots to do at the house and a snowstorm moved in that dumped a foot of snow at Papa's. I haven't seen that much snow up there in a really long time. Luckily Brent was there and helped him snow blow his drive way. It took them well over two hours! Dad Brent and Papa gave Hannah a blessing Monday in anticipation of her surgery on Tuesday. We were all very emotional. Surgery went well. She did have stridor in the PACU and same day surgery until respiratory therapy finally gave her a Racemic Epi treatment. The recovery is taking longer than Hannah would like but she is getting there. She starts school tomorrow so hopefully it won't take too much longer. She will be singing in a few minutes in the Worldwide Devotional at 6 pm. I hope we get to see her. We moved her back into her apartment last night. :) I spent the week either at work or taking care of Hannah. I even did some work at home which I don't usually mix the two. Dad's appt with the cardiologist went well and they took him off one of his medications. I went to lunch with Amy Dahl on Friday and had a great visit with her. She and Jason got a divorce last year. I'll have to share that with you at another time. I attended the temple in the morning. Oh how I love the temple! You must miss it?! Marissa flew back in on Friday and headed to Provo. Dad and I went to our first play of the year that night. I spoke yesterday in the Stake Women's Conference. It went really well. Sister Dalton and President Lyman were incredible. I couldn't take notes fast enough. I was exhausted by the end because the spirit was so strong during the meeting. Sister Dalton's talk impressed upon me the importance of purity in our lives so we can always have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and President Lyman's talk the importance of frequent temple worship. I've attached my talk if you'd like to read it. I love you and I'm so grateful for your service to the Lord.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment