Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 68 (What is the True Key to Happiness?)

Dear family and friends,

My first week with my firstborn child in the desert and we survived! Mostly uninjured ;).

Actually it was a great week!

Monday I traveled to Torreon to pick up my Hija. It was a great little journey with some of my best friends in the mission. I arrived, found my child and then we sat through capacitaciones. We ate lasagna for dinner and then we left for Durango again...(7 hours en camion this day). We arrived at about 9 pm. 

Martes was a great day! Hna Parra really has a big desire to be here. She is working on developing the habits of a missionary and I know that she is going to become the most powerful sister missionary (obviously because she is my hija ;) )

Miercoles, well another great day! We are working hard. This day I loved how God planned everything so perfectly. A miracle happened and we found a reference that we had been looking for since forever! God led us right to them at the exact moment that they were entering in their house! Yay for God's plan!

Jueves, still finding more nuevos investigadores geniales!

Viernes was awesome! We went to eat at a Chinese Buffet! Sooooo good and while we were there, there was a cute baby boy seated across the way and my companion was waving and playing with him. When we finished eating my companion felt prompted to share the gospel with them, so we did and they accepted! Yay!! Superpoderosa Hija! I hope we can visit them and have lots of success with this family!!

Sabado still working hard! I have loved the diligence that we have seen this week!! I hope all our hard work pays off!

Domingo we had 3 in church!! Yay! We are working so hard to make miracles happen, so that we can baptize 2 of our eternal investigators in February and we are working super hard for fechas in March. Here we go!

Well, I was studying in the morning and I found something that is so beautiful and so true!! In "True to the Faith" under service is says "you will find that the true key to happiness is to labor for the happiness of others." I know that is so true! Why do you think that missions and families are the two places where you can experience the most joy? If we want to be truly happy, we will labor for the happiness of others. We won't think of what we need. We will think of the needs of others and we will be AWARE of their needs. Sometimes we think, "oh well, if they need help they will tell me and I will help them." NO, that is not the way. We have to constantly be in contact with friends, family, ward members - not to just pass time, but to know their needs and to then satisfy that need with our time and talents. We must take the initiative. We can't wait because that is too late. Christ took the initiative to heal the sick, to make the blind see, and to give comfort to those in need of comfort. He didn't ask if they needed help. He only saw and acted. As members we need to stop just looking on and start acting! Every day there are people that need our help - physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially. We have the obligation to help because when we were baptized, we promised Christ and our Heavenly Father that we would do so. (Mosiah 18:8-10). Sometimes we may think, "I don't have time" or "Someone else will do it" or we just watch and see what happens or even worse we just don't even care enough to want to help them. But we have to remember that these are our brothers and sisters. We should ask ourselves - "If it was my mother, my father, my brother or sister how would I react to help them?" Let's treat all of those around us as family. I invite you to meditate on this phrase "You will find that the true key to happiness is to labor for the happiness of others." I want you to analyze your life and look for ways that you can stop thinking of your own life and happiness and instead think of how you can labor for the happiness of someone else in your life. Look for ways to bring about this labor in the life of someone else you know. I promise that if you do this, you will increase your faith, you will develop more talents, increase your capacity to serve and receive never ending happiness and many more blessings!!


I love you all! Hope you have an amazing week!

Love,

Hermana Lutze

No comments:

Post a Comment