Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 66

Querida Hermana Lutze,

I hope my letter makes sense! I'm still taking a little bit of narcotic post surgery and I don't feel quite like myself yet! I hate this feeling! It really blocks the spirit. This week was the usual busy. Hannah is trying to settle back into school as well as Natalie and Jakob. Jakob also had two basketball games. They actually won the only one I've been able to attend so that was nice. He also had a couple of soccer practices. He was complimented on Thursday for being so kind and opening a door for a girl that he was with... that is so rare these days. I'm glad to hear that he's being a gentleman. Surgery went well on Thursday. I had a good anesthesiologist and surgeon and everything went smoothly. I hope to be back to work this week or next. We shall see how things go. 

How's your new area? Your new companion? What's her name? Where's she from? How long has she been out? Have you been in this area before or just in Durango? Keep working hard to the very end. Please answer those essay questions today so I can apply for scholarships for you. They are due by the end of the month. 

I've been reading a new book under Church History in the Gospel Library entitled "Revelations in Context." I love it! It's a great way to understand the historical context of the revelations in the D&C. :) I attended a meeting about Justserve.org that the church has created. Have you heard of this down there? I'm not sure it's outside of the United States yet. It's a website that  you sign up on and then put in the zip code where you are located and you can find all sorts of service opportunities. They even have an app for your phone. 

Two verses of scripture that really stood out to me this week are found in Alma 4:15, "[he] began to be very sorrowful; nevertheless the Spirit of the Lord did not fail him" and v 19 "[there was] no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them." These two verses are so key to missionary work and life. We will have many times in our lives and mission in which we are very sorrowful but we must remember that the Spirit will not fail us. The Spirit will be there to comfort us. And bearing pure testimony is the key to bringing others to Christ. They will feel of your love for them and the truth of which you speak.

Love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment