Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 75 (Are You His Friend?)

Queridos,

Another great, sunny week has gone by here in Durango! Monday we went to Centro and ate crepes!! They were so good!! Then we had a really fun Noche de Hogar with Rosa, Julio and Carmen.

Martes I officially completed 17 months in the mission!! Ah!! Soy viejita! I can't believe that so much time has passed by!  This day was good. We found some great people to teach!

Miercoles was a really rough day. I think it was a trial of our faith, patience and animo. Let's just say that everything kind of blew up this day. All of our appointments and baptismal dates were put in danger. However, we can't lose our animo, faith and hope. We just have to keep working! Remember 1 Cor 15:58!

Jueves was another great day filled with service to the Lord and the people of Mexico!

Viernes we had a conference with Presidente de Mission and it was great! At the end I gave my last testimony........:'( We will just say that I cried ;). Soy una llorona. The rest of the day was great!

Sabado we visited our investigators who we want to attend church. We also had a ward activity that was attended by Rosa, Julio, and their family! It was super fun! We  played volleyball and ate yummy food!

Sunday Julio and Rosa couldn't attend church for health problems. However we did have miracles happen and new people came to church! We obtained two new investigators to teach!! Yay!

I have been thinking about what it means to be a friend to Christ. He said this about friends:

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Christ says that if we want to be his friend, we have to be willing to lay down our life for him and for others. He says that we are His friends when we obey Him and live His standards. He promises His friends that He will reveal unto them all the mysteries of God. What an incredible benefit to being friends with Christ! I know I'm not a perfect friend, however, I'm trying to be a truer friend each day! I encourage you all to study how you can be friends with Christ and what you need to do to make your relationship with Him stronger - what needs to change, what needs to be taken out, what needs to be added in...

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Lutze

No comments:

Post a Comment