Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 75

Querida Hermana Lutze,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. We signed your contracts this week for Liberty Square. Hannah told me you are excited about this location. She's been down in St. George this weekend with her roommates. So that's been a nice change for them. Natalie and Jakob played in their piano recital on Saturday. Natalie is done after this year while Jakob will keep going on the piano. Jakob had two soccer games too. They lost the first and won the second. Jakob scored 4 of their 8 goals. He was on fire. It was really fun to watch them win their last game. I think they've only won two of their indoor games. I went with Hannah to see Dr. Pertab for her neuropsych testing on Tuesday. (She liked him better than Dr. Sieber.) We meet again with him on April 4th for the recommendations from the testing. I've been trying to work in the yard in between all my other obligations. I've now pruned 8 of our 35 trees. It's been so warm that they are really starting to bud out and bloom. 

Wednesday night for our RS celebration of 175 years, Sister Emily Watts came and spoke to us. She's such a great speaker and writer. She asked us jokingly, "Did you get the life you wanted?" We all have many things in our lives that don't go as planned. She recommended a book that I want to purchase entitled "The Uses of Adversity." In it the author reminds us that the gospel is not insurance against pain but the resource when we have pain! Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. He can see the big picture. She emphasized that we are doing it right! I know this was an answer to my prayers because I often feel like I'm not doing it right! 

On another note for my scripture study this week, I've been thinking about the importance of love-truly things fall into place when we focus first on love. I contrasted that with the story of Teancum and how he acted in anger "exceeding" anger when he killed Ammoron and he in turn was killed. We must remember to not act in anger. When we act in anger we do not have the spirit with us to help us make correct choices. Why did Teancum live after killing Amalickiah but not after killing Ammoron? I believe the difference was that he acted in "exceeding" anger the second time.

I love you!

Love,

Mom

P. S. There's an extra 275 in your checking account that Hannah will use to pay your deposit, so don't be surprised when you see so much money in your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment