Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 50 (Do I Submit Willingly to the Lord?)

Wow ............ this was the craziest week ever! I have never had so much to do in the week for other people and basically have no time to work in my own area. It is a miracle that the Hermanas Lideres baptize every month!  So let me give you the details of my week.

Monday: Well I arrived at my new house and put everything in its place. We went to Reunion de Distrito. We had a surprise party for Hna Martinez (my old companion) because now she is home in Salvador!! I couldn't believe that she was going home!! That means that I'm getting old in the mission! No!!!!  We ate a delicious chocoflan cake. No me diga. I have to learn to make that at home.....sooooooo good!

That night the Hermanas couldn't make it home to their ranchitos in time. So they had to stay in our house. It was a mini sleepover on the hard tile floor. but it was nice to spend some time with some of my old companions (Hna Martinez, Hna Santiesteban).

In the morning all six of us ate breakfast and then they left for their ranchitos. Tuesday we had the Despedida meal de Hna Martinez. It was muy rico! It was a consume de chiva (goat) with the family Maldonado. So good! Strange....but good :). Chiva tastes really different from vaca. Then the rest of the day was basically spent in saying goodbye to people she loves. We only worked in our area for about 1 hour.

Wednesday: In the morning we dropped off our beloved friend (after we went on an adventure to the Eiffel tower of course) at the office. We then went to la comida and worked in our area for about 3 hours after which we had to go teach a class.  Then it was time to go home. We worked on some projects to redecorate our home.......It is going to look increible y genial! I will have to send a picture when it is done.

Thursday: In the morning we had a meeting with the asistentes, hermanas lideres y lideres de zona. It was a good meeting where we talked about the problems in the mission and how we can fix them. Then in the afternoon we had another meeting with the zone leaders to make plans for a capacitacion that we are going to have Friday (The next day-we are so prepared.) We talked it over, divided the topics and went to go make our Powerpoints. That was our whoooooole day. We did basically nothing in our area.

Friday:........da da da......the first zone conference of Hermana Lider Hermana Lutze!!! Ahhh! I didn't know what I was going to do or what was going to happen. However it went really well. I think. We gave our part of the capacitacion and I think it impacted them well. We had to talk to them about some hard things (rule breaking stuff) and about gossip and such. Plancha.....bien bien planchadas. But I think it went well and that we will see more righteousness in our zona. I think they felt the spirit and that is what is important. Then we went to la comida. We worked in our area for about 4 hours and then went to coorelacion misional and home.

Saturday: We actually worked in our area all day!!! It was a miracle!! We found some amazing people that I think are going to get baptized!!

The bad part of the day was that we came home to find that there was no potable water. Nada! We had no water to use the bathroom, to wash hands or dishes. Nada! So they had trucks passing by with water and of course we didn't have buckets!! So we had to call members and ask for buckets as fast as we could!! We filled six buckets. I hope it will be enough for the next three days.

Sunday I took an amazing bucket shower in the morning-freezing, refreshing. It was definitely a new experience. At least I now know I can do it if necessary. We have church at 12 here (killer really) and after church we went to eat and to preach. We found two women who I think for certain are going to be baptized!! They are so interested in the gospel!! Yay!!

Monday: Took another bucket shower. Delightful! and we worked on our house decorating some more.

That is my week. It felt like a month but also went by really fast. So strange the mission.

I have been thinking about the Article of Faith 13. "We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Our capacitacion was on "Representatives of Christ" and asking the question if we are truly representatives of Christ. Often we say many things but are we actually these people? Do we do the things we say we should do? Everyone talks about how a disciple of Christ should be or what we should do but do we just talk or do we act?  For this reason I like the 13th Article of Faith because it explains a lot of what we should be and do. It says we should be honest true chaste benevolent virtuous and in doing good to all men. How many of us actually live every one of those attributes? And do we believe all things that we have been taught by our leaders, that we have been counseled by the prophets and apostles to do? Do we hope all things? Do we have a strong hope of things to come- a hope of eternal life? Do we endure all the trials given us and do we hope to be able to endure all things that will come? I think this is one of the most important things. Do we actually hope that we we will be able to endure all things? Do we have the desire to be so strong that we can overcome whatever comes our way?  Do we have the desire to be able to resist all temptation? Do we ask God to give us mountains to climb? Are we willing to submit to the will of our Heavenly Father? These are all questions we have to ask and attributes we must develop. Something that has really grabbed my attention this week is how Christ was led - willing to suffer for our sins and to die for us on the cross. He never complained, never fought back or argued, and submitted willingly to all things. We must do the same - submit willingly to all things that God would see fit to place upon us, stand firm and exercise our faith as President Uchtdorf has explained. I know this life is not easy. But I know that we can become better and stronger as we willingly submit to the Lord and let Him help us, lead us and guide us. I know without this submission, we will not make it very far.

I invite you all to answer these questions that I have asked and to study the 13th Article of Faith. Look at your lives and look for ways to submit yourselves more fully to the will of the Father.

I love you all!

Con Amor,

Hermana Lutze

No comments:

Post a Comment