Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week 51

Querida Hermana Lutze,

This week was busy with work at work and work at home. It's that time of year where I need two of me-one to do the yard and one to do everything else. Hannah's been really sad this past week. She hasn't done as well as she hoped on her exams. Please pray for her that she will have what she needs to get into the nursing program. She's been pretty distraught. BYU finally won another football game on Friday in the last 2 seconds of the game. :) Natalie got her phone this week... she's pretty much done with Personal Progress. She just needs to finish the Book of Mormon. Jakob's team won and tied in their two soccer games this week. He has one more this Saturday but Dad and I will be in Cedar City with Brent and Amy to see a couple of plays. (However Mama Belen isn't doing well... We received a call yesterday so Dad may end up out their in the next few weeks for a funeral.She's home on hospice.) We were called last Sunday to go on Trek again. :) You and Hannah will get to stay with Jakob while we go with Natalie. 

Conference was so incredible this weekend! I loved it! I attended the temple on Friday. I desperately needed the peace and comfort the temple brings. I love the clarity I feel after I've been in the temple. It truly puts everything in its proper perspective. It's amazing to me how you often think you don't have time but when you make time for the temple the Lord proves you wrong time and time again. I was able to do initiatories and a session in three hours and then went on to do everything on my list and a million things that weren't on my list. 

I've been thinking about Nehemiah vs. Lehonti. If you'll remember Nehemiah told those that were trying to distract him that he was doing a great work (rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem) and that he could not come down while Lehonti eventually gave in and did come down and then he was poisoned by degrees. That's so like Satan... He gets us to slowly decrease our obedience to the fundamental practices in life like scripture study, prayer, church and temple attendance. He poisons us by degrees until we harden our hearts and are eventually past feeling without even knowing it. I've also been thinking a lot about the command of Jesus Christ to Peter "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." How do we know when we're converted? In my mind we know we are converted when we do... We don't just know and feel something but we are propelled to action. This shows our conversion which in turn strengthens our faith continuing in an upward cycle. The same could be said for downward cycles as well. Finally I've been thinking about the words of Christ to his disciples when some of them walked no more with him. He turned to the twelve and asked "Will ye also go away?"  I loved Elder Ballard's talk on this today and relating it to church members that are losing their testimonies and leaving the church. It's imperative that we hold onto the iron rod! I love most how Peter responds to him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. This brings me back again to conversion. To believe is a testimony but to be sure is to be truly converted. We are up and doing!

Te amo muchisimo!

Con amor,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment