Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 54

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Yo espero que todo anda bien alli en Mexico! Life here is the usual busy, crazy of course. I kept working all week even though I was really sick. I started getting sick over a week ago on Saturday and feeling better on Wednesday afternoon. I think I had a short version of the flu. The kids were on Fall Break this week. They have tomorrow off as well.

Hannah and Marissa came over Friday night and stayed until late Saturday night. We had fun carving pumpkins and watching movies. Hannah is really having a hard time in school and not getting awesome grades. We just keep encouraging her to work hard and do her very best. She is adjusting well to the social. I'm so glad she had a date last weekend. She will be singing again with the choir for the young single adult fireside coming up in December I believe. She's excited about that. 

Natalie and Jakob are working hard in school and enjoying their break this weekend. I took them up to Heber Friday. We went bowling with Papa. He just watched us. Natalie beat us in both games. She even got a turkey - 3 strikes in a row in the last game. We then spent time at Papa's with the Millers and finished the evening with a visit to the Train for dinner. Coming home we were so protected... We'd just left Heber driving on the straight, fast portion towards Midway when a deer came across the road from left to right. I missed hitting him by inches going 70 miles per hour. Blessings! What's weird is that he was so fast I didn't see him cross in front of me until he was on my right front bumper. Yikes!

We attended Stake Conference last night and this morning. It was all excellent! Last night we had a discussion about loving those around us and not judging them - less actives, early return missionaries, single church members, LGBTQ, really anyone and everyone right... We need to assume everyone has good attentions and they are doing their best. This morning we heard on the topic of coming unto Christ. I really enjoyed President Lyman's talk. He spoke of three enablers of hope.

Perspective - We need to remember Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts... We must seek God's perspective on our lives to gain His view. Doing the fundamental practices consistently helps us to gain His perspective and brings us peace.

Focus - Our focus must be on Christ! Remember faith in Christ and doubt cannot exist at the same time. When we learn to control our thoughts we will learn to master ourselves.

Grace - We must have daily application of the Atonement! It is only through the enabling power of the Atonement (being yoked to the Savior) that we can pull the hard loads of life! The Lord loves us and hasn't left us alone. We are His work and His glory!

I love you! I hope you have a great week! We sent something from Mexico City on Wednesday for your birthday! So let me know when you receive it. There should be two items! :)

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment