Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Week 52

Querida Hermana Lutze,

Gracias por las fotos de tu actividad de Zona! I knew you were in charge when I saw the fun 'minute to win it' games. :) Life here is busy as usual. We have some sad and yet happy news... Mama Belen passed away peacefully on Tuesday. I'm happy for her but sad for Bertha. She'll be all alone now. Dad and I were supposed to be in Cedar City over the weekend so he left Wednesday night for the Friday funeral while I left Friday morning with Natalie for Cedar City. We met up with Brent and Amy for our first play at 2:00 - Murder by Two. It was a 90 minute play by two people solving a murder. It was hilarious! The two guys were amazingly talented on the piano and the one guy played about seven different people often switching from one character to the next with no pause! He was incredible! We ate dinner that night at Brody's - a delicious Mexican restaurant. Brent, Amy, and I ate a dish that was a boiling pot of chicken, steak, and shrimp with onions, cacti, and zucchini in a yummy sauce. You ate it like fajitas. The next day I drove Natalie to St. George to spend time with cousins. Then Brent, Amy and I went up to Cedar Breaks. We hiked Crystal Springs and took some gorgeous pictures of the fall colors!!! We then met up with Dad at the hotel. He had made it back from the funeral. We all went out for sushi! It was delicious! We ate six rolls between the four of us. We then went to our other play - "the Cocoanuts." It was also funny and very well done. It was a Groucho Marx play, if you know who that it is.

Hannah's busy with school and is so happy that Marissa is finally back up here. By the way the family is all safe but the Cronins still don't have power from Hurricane Matthew and I'm not sure the Weights have gone back yet to their house. They were part of a mandatory evacuation.

Natalie is enjoying life with a phone now. She's working hard in school and finishing up driver's education. She has road and range in a couple of weeks. 

Jakob is working hard in school as well. He played in his last game on Saturday and scored the only goal for their team. It ended up in tie. I'm sad I missed his last game. He stayed with Howells for two nights since our plans got all messed up.

I've been thinking a lot about the words of Isaiah quoted by Jacob this week. In 2 Nephi 6:13 we read, "Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah." I've been pondering on what it means to 'wait' since I want to be one of His people! Am I waiting for Him? What does it mean to wait for Him? I think it means to come to Him, to be still and know that I am God, to never deny the Christ, to endure to the end, to develop Christ-like attributes while we wait and to not become part of the world.

I love you and pray for your success!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment