Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 51 (General Conference - Listen, Comprehend, and Act)

Dear family and friends,

Well, la verdad, I can't even remember what happened this week. It passed by so fast with so much to do!

Tuesday morning we were told that we were to prepare our Actividad de Zona for this coming Monday!? So we spent the morning organizing.  The afternoon was normal except for our encounter with the poor man whose wife came at him with  a machete. No me diga! His hand was literally sliced open and you could see everything including the muscle! So cool! I hope we get the opportunity to teach him :).

Wednesday was my first Intercambio! Woohoo! It went really well I think! We worked hard. We talked in the night about some things and I think I was able to give her some advice and words of wisdom to help her be even more amazing! This is what I like about being an Hermana Lider.  I have the opportunity to influence the lives of others - to uplift, to inspire.

Thursday we were still in intercambios and we tried to get as much work done as possible!

Friday morning we planned Las Playeras for the activity and again tried to do as much work as possible in our area!

Saturday was Conference!!!! Yay!!!! I can't believe it! What an amazing conference! I have never been so impacted by so many talks! Normally there are a couple that don't interest me as much, but this time, every talk was so good and direct that I loved every single one!! After conference we bought the stuff for the Zone activity and spent all afternoon and evening preparing the activities.

Sunday was another amazing day of Conference with another round of incredible talks! We had lunch with la familia Maldonado. Hna Moguel (x misionera de la mision) returned for a reunion! It was so fun to see her!  Later that afternoon. we tried to get a little more work done in our area. We finally got the signature to baptize our investigator! Yay! That night we finished preparing!! Crazy day!!

Well, rapido, I just want to testify to each of you that every single word that was said in this conference is true and is of God. Our leaders have been called of God to guide and direct us. And we, as the people being guided, have the solemn responsibility to listen, comprehend, and ACT. We must apply what we have learned so that we can be blessed and prepared for the future. I hope you all paid attention to how much they talked about prayer, personal revelation, repentance, obedience to the commandments, and staying true and faithful to the gospel as we go through trials. I know that many things are going to change very fast in this life. I know that we have a lot of hard times ahead and very soon. The end is nearing and our leaders are preparing us so that when the Savior comes we won't be the wicked that are cast out and burned, but the righteous who are saved. We all need to improve and step up our membership in the church. I encourage you all to re-read the conference messages. Take notes on how our leaders want us to change and prepare and then set goals in your life to make those changes. We have to act now before it is too late. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet now in day. I know that he and his apostles and other servants speak on behalf of God.  I know that if we follow their counsel we will NEVER be led astray. However, we have to hold on to our faith and fight the good fight.

I love you all so much!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!

Con amor,

Hermana Lutze

No comments:

Post a Comment