Rachael's Mission

Mexico Torreon Mission October 2015 - April 2017

Rachael's Picture

Rachael's Picture

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 60

Querida Hermana Lutze,

We pray that all is going well for you! I can't believe Christmas is just three weeks away! Life is the usual busy here. We put the smaller flocked tree upstairs this year since the big tree is so heavy and difficult for dad to get down right now. I love it! I went easy on the Christmas decorations so it only took me about 6 hours. :) We did some shopping yesterday as well to donate items to the Road to Home which helps families that can't purchase Christmas. They come to a certain location and they are able to pick out gifts for their family members. They helped over 2000 people last year. I went to a nice RS dinner on Thursday with the 30th ward and had a great visit with Kathy that I visit teach. Dad and I will be attending the Mormon Tabernacle choir next Friday and spending the night in Salt Lake. :)

I just asked if everyone had written you and Jakob said, "What's the point? Can she still read English?" Ha! Ha! 

I've been thinking this week about a couple of things... One is the Parable of the Ten Virgins. I always think of it in conjunction with the Second Coming but I thought of it the other day in terms of when we have trials in life we also need to have oil in our lamps that only we can put there... Scripture study, prayers, temple and church attendance, etc. I was pondering this morning Ether 12:27 about our weaknesses and thinking of humility in relationship to them. The Spirit said, "When you are humble that is when you are the most useful to me!" That is so true! When we are willing to serve however He commands that is when we become the most useful!

Have a great week! I'm assuming it is a little cooler there now. :)

Love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment